Essential oils have been used for centuries to help treat ailments and illnesses, alleviate stress and for general health and wellbeing.What are essential oils?
Essential oils are basically the ‘essence’ of a plant – they are compounds extracted from plants to capture their scent and flavour. Essential oils are typically extracted from plants via the distillation process but can sometimes be extracted using cold pressing. So, for example, rose essential oil is obtained by distilling rose flowers to create a powerful oil that smells of those roses. Often, thousands of plants are required to create just a single drop of an essential oil.
Did you know that 10,000 roses are needed to create just a small 5ml bottle of rose essential oil?
In short, essential oils are incredible and super powerful!Why we use essential oils in our bath bombs
Multiple essential oils can be blended to create beautiful potions that not only smell amazing, but offer benefits for the mind and body as well. There are some essential oils that can induce deep relaxation and others that help improve concentration, and there are EOs that help treat dry skin conditions or even help heal wounds. Mother nature is incredibly powerful - and this is what inspired us to create our own essential oil blends for our bath bombs and bubble scoops.
One of the best times to enjoy the benefits of essential oils is when you’re relaxing in a nice warm bath, so what better way than with a bath bomb? The steam from a warm bath can help essential oil aroma from our bath bombs to disperse in the room for maximum effect, as well as contact on your skin for those physical benefits as well. Our essential oil blends are carefully crafted to complement each other and offer the maximum benefits to both mind and body.
We've chosen some of our favourite essential oils with the most powerful health benefits to highlight which of our natural eco friendly bath bombs incorporate these oils and how they can benefit you.
TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL BENEFITS
Tea tree essential oil is a versatile, powerful and incredibly helpful essential oil that has been used for thousands of years as a natural anti-septic.
- Treating acne
- Reduce skin inflammation
- Relieve psoriasis
- Boosts wound healing
Vari Cosmetics Bath bombs with tea tree essential oil:
- Our Congestion Bath Bomb is an incredibly powerful natural bath bomb with many healing benefits. It features tea tree oil along with peppermint essential oil, eucalyptus essential oil and lavender essential oils. It's designed to help with sinus congestion and leave you feel clear-headed and relaxed. It's a best seller with some incredible reviews from customers who claim this essential oil blend bath bomb has helped them.
- Beautiful blue Mermaid Tail Bath Bomb also features tea tree essential oil, as well as some other complementary citrus essential oils such as grapefruit, sweet orange and peppermint. The tea tree adds depth as well as anti-bacterial properties to create a luxurious bath that smells like a tropical paradise.
CLARY SAGE ESSENTIAL OIL BENEFITS
Clary sage essential oil is an incredibly powerful oil that can greatly affect a woman's hormones; it's frequently used to help with hormone imbalance, menopausal symptoms and has even been known to help bring pregnant women into labour.
- Natural antidepressant
- Sclareol, found in clary sage, reduces some symptoms of menopause
- Helps with menstrual cramps
- Reduces stress, lowering blood pressure
Vari Cosmetics Bath bombs with clary sage essential oil:
- Currently, we sell just one bath bomb that includes clary sage essential oil and that is our Floral Slumber Bath Bomb. It is hugely popular not just because of it's incredibly relaxing scent but also for the properties this clary sage essential oil offers, alongside luxurious roman camomile essential oil and lavender essential oil. We will soon be releasing a Floral Slumber Bubble Scoop to complement this bath bomb.
CAMPHOR ESSENTIAL OIL BENEFITS
Camphor essential oil is used all over the world by many sports masseurs especially because it's known to ease muscle tension. It's quite a minty fresh smell that's also been known to help with congestion, circulation and even boosting the libido!
- Clears lungs
- Boosts circulation
- Boosts libido
Vari Cosmetics Bath bombs with camphor essential oil:
- Again, there is only one bath bomb we currently offer that has camphor essential oil in and this is the Post-gym Bath Bomb; aptly named the post-gym, this bath bomb is perfect for use after hitting the gym or doing exercise. This is because of the camphor oil, which eases muscle tension and leaves you feeling fresh. We're paired this oil with lemon essential oil and lavender essential oil for extra freshness and relaxation, as well as epsom salts for further benefits to the skin. Similarly, we will soon be releasing a Post-gym Bubble Scoop to complement this bath bomb.
ROSEMARY ESSENTIAL OIL BENEFITS
Rosemary essential oil is perfect in aromatherapy for grounding; it's an earthy, natural scent that can help with feelings of nausea and dizziness, as well as being a natural antiseptic. There are so many wonderful benefits of rosemary essential oil and we find it often gets forgotten about out there!
- Improves cognitive function (helps with concentration)
- Stimulates hair growth
- Boosts circulation
- Bug repellent
- Reduce joint inflammation
Vari Cosmetics Bath bombs with rosemary essential oil:
The Boss Babe Bath Bomb is a favourite among Vari Cosmetics customers; not just for it's bright yellow and pink colours, but also for the effects these natural essential oils have on our mental state. Named Boss Babe, this natural bath bomb is inspired by the rosemary to help with concentration levels, along with sweet orange and peppermint to invigorate and motivate through aromatherapy.
- For those suffering with the symptoms of a hangover, the Hangover Bath Bomb could help you with it's carefully crafted blend of rosemary, lemon, grapefruit and lavender essential oils. Intended to help reduce the feeling of sickness and help you to feel more grounded, settled and also improve concentration, the Hangover Bath Bomb uses just the right amount of rosemary essential oil and wouldn't be the same without it.
We do not make any medical claims and would not advise essential oil use over any medication recommended by doctors. Always seek medical advice and always talk to a doctor before incorporating essential oils into your daily routine.